Revised - April 2017
UK Medical Professionals Should Contact The National Poisons Information Service For Advice.
As a small business we are not always available in the event that something should go wrong. This list along with any documentation left with you on site should provide all the necessary information in an emergency situation.
Rodent Control Products & Safety Advice
The sale and use of pesticides in the UK is covered by statutory controls. Under the law all pesticides must be used in accordance with approvals granted by government ministers following independent assessment by expert scientists.
Furthermore all operators must by law be adequately trained and must carry out a specific hazard/risk assessment before they use any pesticide. This gives both pest control operators and their customers a great deal of protection.
Avoiding Exposure To Pesticides
Keep children, vulnerable adults and all animals away from, and out of treated areas where any pesticide products are in use or have been used until we indicate it is safe.
Remain out of areas treated with sprays or fumigants for at least 2 hours or longer as directed. Do not walk on or touch treated surfaces until completely dry.
Emergency Action For Pesticide Exposure
If you should have any cause for concern regarding accidental contamination with a pesticide, contact your doctor, local hospital (or in the case of animal's, a veterinary surgeon) and show them all paperwork left with you.
Our treatment documents will direct health professionals to this page where they can get a direct link to product safety information, detailing the chemicals used.
What You Should Do Before Pesticide Application
Keep all foodstuffs covered up, preferably in sealed containers. Where plants, fish tanks, ponds or any animals are present, these should be removed from treated areas. Covering items will not always guarantee their safety.
Where possible, deep clean and intensively vacuum all areas so pesticides can be applied to clean surfaces. Remove all items that could be accidentally knocked over by operatives when wearing protective equipment that can sometimes impede peripheral vision.
Remove all articles from floor surfaces like shoes, slippers, photos, magazines etc. Also turn off all sockets and unplug all electrical items, making sure that these are protected from water exposure during spray treatments.
Move all Items of Furniture into the center of rooms so the perimeters or areas affected and requiring treatment can be easily cleaned by you, and then treated by us.
What To Expect Following Pesticide Treatment
Additional Advice regarding Insects
In the case of the treatment against insects such as Wasps, Fleas, Bedbugs, Garden Ants, and other crawling or flying insects, insecticides applied will have an immediate effect in reducing insect activity.
However, this is dependent upon the insect being treated being present at the time of treatment. You may still see insects many weeks after the treatment.
100% control is rarely possible, so persistent residual activity should not cause alarm in the short term. Some pests can live for long periods without feeding and pupae can take over six months to hatch.
Where spray treatments are used, the treated area should not be cleaned or vacuumed for at least 14 days following treatment to avoid removal of the pesticide.
Additional Advice Regarding Rodents
In the case of treatments against rodents such as rats and mice, a few weeks may elapse after application of baits and/or traps before the treatments become effective.
In rare cases, rodent activity may stop or even persist without disturbing control measures.
Rodents that die and are not able to be removed will result in the release of a powerful odour that may persist for many weeks and disrupt activities paid and voluntary.
Fly, moth and beetle infestations may also result from dead rodents.
We advise, that YOU MUST control and prevent access to, and do not touch, bait or bait delivery measures, or traps of all kinds, which could cause injury to non-target animals and humans.