First Aid for Bites & Stings
First aid is our first reaction to an insect bite or sting. First Aid measures are simple and work on simple principles - so take a deep breath and stay calm at all times.
Below you will find details about both first aid for sting and bites. The difference being - a bite is caused by the mouth of the insect and a sting is caused by the hollow tube at the tip of the insects abdomen.
Your aim with a casualty who has been stung is to reduce as far as possible any swelling or discomfort.
If the casualty is showing any of the following signs or symptoms you need to call "999" immediately for help and advice!
- They Have a known allergy to stings
- They Lose consciousness and/or become unresponsive
- They Become confused or disorientated
- They Have a respiratory wheeze
- They Have difficulty breathing
- They Have been stung in the mouth, or on the head or neck
First Aid Advice on Insect Stings "Click Here"
First Aid Advice on Insect & Spider Bites "Click Here"
How Quickly Can You Get To Us?
Our standard, same day Pest Control Service for Biting and Stinging Insects is always available, and for extra peace of mind our 24 Hour Emergency Pest Control Service operates 24/7 so help is never far away.